Going away for the holidays? | NevadaAppeal.com

Going away for the holidays?

Nevada Appeal Staff Reports

As the holidays approach, the Carson City Sheriff’s Department offers advice to protect homes from theft.

While at work, shopping, or out of town, if your house or apartment is unoccupied:

n Leave outside lights on at night

n Leave one or two lights on inside the house

n Lock all doors

n Close and lock all windows

n Close blinds and draperies

n Tell a neighbor that you will be gone

If you have a burglary, report it to the Sheriff’s Department by calling 887-2500.

If you witness a burglary in progress, call 911.