Governor tentatively calls for special session
November 25, 2008
Gov. Jim Gibbons today announced tentative plans to call a special session of the Nevada Legislature on Dec. 8-9 to deal with the state’s financial problems.
The governor said the date would be finalized after Monday’s economic forum, when they will have final budget figures.
Gibbons also said that all sides are “very close” to a deal to get the state past its current financial difficulties.
Please check back later for more on this story.
Trending In: Local
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office