Governor’s agriculture conference next week
November 8, 2014
The first Governor's Conference on Agriculture will open Nov. 13 at the Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa in Reno.
The conference will be open to the public and will feature academic experts and industry leaders. There will be discussions about public land issues, livestock grazing and ecosystem management as well as the controversial subject of Genetically Modified Organisms.
Dave Coon of Anderson Dairy will be the keynote speaker, discussing the history and future of the company that opened for business in 1907.
The conference is being held in conjunction with the annual Nevada Farm Bureau meeting that runs Nov. 14-15 at the Atlantis.
Trending In: Local
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office