Graysons celebrate 50 years of marriage
December 29, 2013
Caroline and Thomas Grayson of Carson City celebrated their 50th anniversary Saturday. They married Dec. 28, 1963, in Brooklyn, N.Y. They attended the same parochial elementary school in their Brooklyn neighborhood and began dating while in high school.
Tom is retired from the National Weather Service, where he held various senior management positions during a 40-year career, including deputy meteorologist in charge of the Reno forecast office, deputy director of the Weather Service's southern region at Fort Worth, Texas, and director of the Weather Service's western region in Salt Lake City. He holds a BSE, master's degree and Ph.D. in atmospheric science from the University of Michigan. He also served as an oceanographer/meteorologist in the Navy and is retired with the rank of captain. He participated in the Dominican Republic conflict in 1965 and in the Gulf of Tonkin, Vietnam War, in 1966-67.
Caroline graduated from Long Island College School of Nursing as a registered nurse in 1962. She has served in numerous positions and capacities in hospitals and health care facilities during her 40-year nursing career.
The Graysons retired to Carson City in 2005. They celebrated their anniversary with their four children and their respective families on a Caribbean cruise.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand