Halloween events in Northern Nevada
• Warehouse Scarehouse, 7-10 p.m., today and Wednesday. 3579 U.S. Highway 50 East. $10. http://www.scarehouse13.com. One of only a couple professionally designed haunted houses in Northern Nevada. It is located at the Warehouse Church and was designed by the people who created Grimes Castle at the Old Wal-Mart building in 2006.
• Fourth Ward School, Haunted Halls event, 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, featuring ghostly tours of the old school. The school is located at the south end of C Street, where highways 341 and 342 intersect. Cost is $5 for adults, $3 for children 16 and younger. 847-0975.
• Halloween Festivities at the Village at Squaw Valley, through Wednesday. Halloween celebration features haunted houses and a Great Pumpkin Festival. Call (530) 583-6985.
• Sleepover at St. Mary’s Art Center, at Union and R Streets in Virginia City. Event includes a catered dinner by Secret Service Catering, followed by tales of the miners and their ghosts by local resident Carolyn Beaupre. Cost is $65 for a double room and $20 for dinner, which will be chicken and sausage with pumpkin dumplings, autumn vegetables, hash browns and baked apple cheesecake. To enjoy the stories without the dinner or sleepover, the cost is $7. Reservations are required. Call 240-7665.
• Mediums, Psychics and Seances, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday at the Gold Hill Hotel, 1540 Main St., Gold Hill. Karen Wright and the Gold Hill Theater Troupe perform this special event about mediums, psychics and seances in the Victorian West. Buffet dinner available from 5-7 p.m. Cost is $15 buffet dinner and lecture, $5 lecture only, $25 for special events. Call 847-0111.
• Halloween dinner and dance, 5-9 p.m. Wednesday at the Gold Hill Hotel, 1540 Main St., Gold Hill. Will and Sheree Rose lead a Halloween party and dinner dance. Costumes are encouraged, with prize going to best costume. The party is free, dinner is extra. Call 847-0111.