Hans and Marie Fruhmann of Carson City marking 70th anniversary
December 2, 2017
Hans and Marie Fruhmann of Carson City are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary.
The couple was married on Dec. 9, 1947, in Graz, Austria.
Hans earned his master's degree in banking in Austria before coming to the United States in 1952. They owned and operated bakeries in New York and Monterey, Calif., until their retirement in 1988.
In 2005, they moved to Nevada to be closer to their daughter and son-in-law, Christine and Jeff Vuletich of Carson Valley.
Marie and Hans have a son, John Fruhmann, who lives in Kauai, Hawaii. They have three grandchildren — Gregory Supan of Dallas, Texas; Kelly Dearie of Santa Cruz, Calif.; and Christopher Fruhmann of Parachute, Colo.
And they have one great-grandson, Gabriel Dearie, of Santa Cruz, Calif.
Recommended Stories For You
The couple will be celebrating their anniversary with a small gathering of friends and family.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand