Head of Nevada Gaming Control Board to step down
(AP) – The chairman of the Nevada Gaming Control board is stepping down at the end of the month.
Mark Lipparelli on Tuesday said he is resigning effective Sept. 28 so that a new chairman has time to prepare before the 2013 Legislature convenes in February. His four-year term was to expire Dec. 31.
“His insight and foresight particularly in the area of online gaming have been an invaluable asset to my administration,” said Gov. Brian Sandoval. He said Lipparelli “has helped move Nevada forward and set the groundwork for the next generation of gaming.”
The 47-year-old Lipparelli was appointed to the three-person board in 2009 by former Gov. Jim Gibbons.
He is a former executive vice president of Bally Technology and owned a technology development company.
Lipparelli also worked previously at Shuffle Master Inc.