March 21, 2012
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for March 1-6. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Walmart Supercenter #3408 Meat Department, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• Walmart Supercenter #3408 Deli Department, 3200 Market St., scored 100 points.
• McDonalds #31007, 3200 Market St., scored 99 points. Sppons used to mix drinks are not stored properly.
• Carson City Parks, Fuji Park Exhibit Hall & Kitchen, 701 Clear Creek Road, scored 100 points.
• Silver Oak Golf Club Restaurant, 1251 Country Club Dr., scored 100 points.
Recommended Stories For You
• Silver Oak Golf Club Bar/Lounge Main Bar, 1251 Country Club Dr., scored 100 points.
• Silver Oak Golf Club Bar/Lounge Banquet Room Prep Area w/Bar, 1251 Country Club Dr., scored 100 points.
• Lumpia & Pancit Restaurant, 316 E. Winnie Lane, scored 82 points. Temperatures of food near the hot holding line like rice, soup and lumpia were between 70 F-120 F. Inadequate hand washing was observed during food service and prepping. There was no detectable sanitizer in the three-compartment sink. Uncovered vegetables in refrigerator and tong handles were found stored in food. Garbage was overflowing the receptacle in kitchen. Grocery bags were being used to temporarily store garbage. Mop was stored in mop water when it should be stored out of water to allow drying.
• Terrie’s Cafe Restaurant, 402 N. Carson St., scored 97 points. Thermometers were not accurate for a reach-in refrigerator and a freezer. Shelled eggs were stored directly on top of ready-to-eat food toppings, tomatoes and lettuce, in the top of the reach-in near cook line.