Health inspections Oct. 12
Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for Sept. 26-28. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Lily’s China Bistro Restaurant, 1280 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Super Burrito Restaurant, 1250 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Toad’s Bar/Lounge, 306 E. William St., scored 89 points. Food containers are present in the hand sink and mop sink. The ice machine is dirty inside. The speed gun holster is dirty in the very bottom. The hand sink is blocked with dishes. There are no paper towels available. The rear kitchen hand sink area is not adequately illuminated.
• Caucus Deli Restaurant, 401 S. Carson St., scored 98 points. Food – milk, potato salad, etc. – in the main refrigerator was found at 44 F and not at 40 F or less as required. During this inspection, a refrigerator technician arrived and said the evaporators were iced up, and this would prevent normal operation.
• CVS Pharmacy #9842 Convenience Store, 1980 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• JM Gasoline Convenience Store, 1321 N. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Laundry Lounge Convenience Store, 1300 E. Fifth St., scored 100 points.
• Sierra Joe’s Restaurant, 444 E. William St., scored 98 points. Found a buildup of lime and debris on the inside ceiling surfaces of the ice machine. Clean these surfaces often to prevent a buildup of debris.
• Tito’s Restaurant Bar/Lounge, 444 E. William St., scored 100 points.
• Tito’s Restaurant, 444 E. William St., scored 98 points. The inside ceiling surfaces of the ice machine had a buildup of debris. Clean these surfaces regularly to keep the ice machine free of buildup.
• Michoacan Restaurant, 557 S. Saliman Road, scored 100 points.
• Comstock Casino Bar/Lounge, 3680 Goni Road, scored 100 points.
• Juan’s Mexican Grill #2 Restaurant, 3680 Goni Road, scored 95 points. The mechanical dishwasher final rinse did not contain enough chlorine residue. Various wrapped food items such as chicken were found without a label showing the date and common name.
• Juan’s Mexican Grill #2 Restaurant, 3680 Goni Road. All violations from the Sept. 27 have been