HEALTH INSPECTIONS – Sept. 15
The following health inspections are for the period of Aug. 18-24:
• Bistro @ Bryan Restaurant, 901 S. Stewart St., scored 100 points.
• Mo & Sluggos Bar & Grill Restaurant, 110 W. Telegraph St., scored 97 points. Various food items were found stored in containers which were unlabeled. Various food items were found in containers without adequate covering.
• Mo & Sluggos Bar/Lounge, 110 W. Telegraph St., scored 94 points. No detectable chlorine residual was found on dishware after the mechanical final rinse. The on-food contact surfaces of the chest beer cooler were not clean. The bottom inside contained an inch or more of liquid. The floors and inside of some of the storage cabinets were not clean. Various dust and debris were found throughout. The area needs a thorough cleaning.
• San Marcos Grill Restaurant, 260 E. Winnie Lane, scored 97 points. Some food items were found in the prep-table refrigerator without labels. Some food items, taquitos, were found in the prep-table refrigerator without a cover. Cover all food items stored for later use to prevent contamination.
• Super Mercado El Torito Bakery, 304 E. Winnie Lane #308, scored 96 points. Repackaged food – cream – from approved source is not labeled as required. Label with ingredients, date and establishment address. A supply of paper towels was not found at either hand sink in the food preparation areas.
• Super Mercado El Torito Meat Department, 304 E. Winnie Lane #308, scored 88 points. Readily perishable cold food is held above 46 F. Chicken was found in the central display cooler at 50 F and pork was found at 48 F. Repair cooling unit immediately and discard any food out of compliance for more than four hours. Improper procedures were being used at the three-compartment sink. Pig skins were draped over the sink divider while utensils were found in the center sink stored for washing later. The food preparation procedure must be separated from the washing procedure by a cleaning and sanitation of the 3-C sink. In the south display cooler, cheese and ham were found at 43 F and not at 40 F or less as required. Correct immediately and discard any potentially hazardous food out of compliance for more than four hours.
• Gold Dust West Ole Ole Mexican Restaurant, 2171 Hwy. 50 East, scored 100 points.
• Seven Eleven #2236-15833 Convenience Store, 3083 Hwy. 50 East, scored 93 points. Employee hand sink at the front service counter is disconnected due to plumbing problems. At least one employee of this establishment must be a certified food handler during each shift.
• Jack in the Box #7308 Restaurant, 309 E. William St., scored 90 points. Found bottle of customer milk used for drinks located in the hand sink at the drive-through window. Also found three bottles of drink syrups stored directly under the soap dispenser at the same location. Found unlabeled spray bottle of blue liquid stored at the dish washer. Ice scoop is not stored properly.
• Madeleines Cookies Retail Food Producer, 3680 Research Way #5, scored 100 points.
• Bully’s Bar/Lounge, 3530 N. Carson St., scored 98 points. A thermometer is missing in the reach-in which holds sliced fruit and other condiments. Temperature is around 45 F. The inside bottom shelf of the condiment reach-in is dirty. Pitchers are stored serving side down on an unclean surface.
• J & L Catering and Cakes Restaurant, 3850 Arrowhead Dr., scored 96 points. According to the manager, the main kitchen refrigerator had just failed. The food in it was found between 41-45 F and not at 40 F or less. During this inspection the food was being moved to other refrigerators. The stored food in the freezer needs to be organized so that raw meat is not above ready-to-eat, such as bread. The food items on the shelves between the two sinks in the kitchen are jumbled together and should be arranged in a sanitary orderly fashion.
• J & L Catering and Cakes Caterer, 3850 Arrowhead Dr., scored 100 points.
• Twisted Soke Bar and Grill Bar/Lounge, 3198 N. Deer Run Road, scored 100 points.
• Twisted Soke Bar and Grill Restaurant, 3198 N. Deer Run Road, scored 100 points.
• The Tap Shack Bar/Lounge, 112 Rice St., scored 99 points. Ice scoop is not stored properly.
• Plaza Hotel and Conference Center Restaurant, 801 S. Carson St., scored 95 points. The food contact surfaces of the ice machine were not clean. Specifically, the back of the plastic ice drop shield inside the machine contained debris. There was no certified food handler present at the time of this inspection. a certified food handler must be present during operations.
• Michoacan Restaurant, 557 S. Saliman Road, scored 98 points. Various food items were found stored without a label showing the date and name as required. Lighting is inadequate, specifically in the dishwashing area, the main lights were not working to properly illuminate the work space.