Highway 50 in Stateline closed due to utility explosion
April 1, 2018
Highway 50 through Stateline is closed after an explosion in a power conduit knocked out electricity.
Tahoe Douglas firefighters, NV Energy and Southwest Gas utility workers are at the scene.
The incident occurred around 5 a.m. Sunday. There are no reports of injuries as a result of the blast.
Nearly 400 NV Customers are without power as a result of the incident.
Nevada Department of Transportation, Douglas County Sheriff's deputies, and Douglas County Sheriff's Search & Rescue responded to the incident.
Estimated restoration of power is noon today, according to http://www.nvenergy.com
Trending In: Local
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Battle Born Memorial damaged by teens on bikes, scooters
- Felony drug arrest at hardware store, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Supervisors reinstate traffic enforcement program
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests