Hispanic services moves and expands
November 28, 2007
Nevada Hispanic Services has a new Carson City office with plans to expand services in the community.
A grand opening at the new location on Roop Street is scheduled for Dec. 14. Director Raquel Knecht said the office is at 1711 N. Roop St., the site of the old health clinic across the street from the cemetery and next to the senior center.
Knecht said Nevada Hispanic Services offers a variety of social services from client advocacy and immigration to family classes and youth programs.
“We try to address any issue and direct them to someone who’s going to solve their problem,” she said.
She said a series of workshops is also planned to help the Hispanic community. The first actually occurs before the grand opening. A tax preparation workshop will be offered by Carlos Torres Dec. 11 at the new center.
Knecht said they are also considering several another workshops dealing with such things as workers compensation, banking, mortgages and health. They are also planning to develop educational workshops with the school district.
Recommended Stories For You
She said the public is invited to the grand opening. There will be refreshments as well as information on services available from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 14.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Grandson back in Nevada to face murder charge
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Area county officials predict strong growth in 2019
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County