November 13, 2012
Submit your holiday help information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “Holiday Help,” or mail to Nevada Appeal, Holiday Help, 580 Mallory Way, Carson City, NV 89702.
• Mike’s Pharmacy is seeking frozen turkeys to donate to local food banks from 3-6 p.m. Nov. 13 and from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 14 at 1007 N. Curry St.
For more information, call 775-841-1400.
• Smith’s Food and Drug will contribute to the Food Bank of Northern Nevada now through Dec. 29. Customers are invited to add a donation to grocery purchases. For more information, go to http://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com.
• The Lyon County Sheriff’s Office is seeking donations for its 5th annual “shop with a sheriff” event scheduled to take place in early December.
The office needs to raise at least $10,000 to be donated by Nov. 30 toward children from needy families this Christmas. Checks can be made out to Lyon County Sheriff’s Office with “shop with a sheriff” in the memo line, to be sent to Brenda Farler, 30 Nevin Way, Yerington, 89447.
Recommended Stories For You
To donate or to sponsor a child, call Deputy Redmond at 775-246-6200, 775-577-5023 or email email@example.com.
• Young At Heart Senior Citizens Club is preparing Christmas gift bags for Meals-on-Wheels recipients and homebound seniors.
Donations of small, unwrapped presents are needed. Deliver gifts to the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, in Gardnerville or call 775-783-6455 for donation pick-up. Donations can be mailed to the Young At Heart Senior Citizens Club, PO Box 1042, Gardnerville, NV 89410-1042.
• Home Instead Senior Care will collect and distribute gifts to seniors who might otherwise spend the holiday alone.
Christmas trees in the North Carson City Walmart will feature ornaments with the first names of seniors and gift requests. Shoppers are asked to pick an ornament, buy items on the list and return them unwrapped to the store with the ornament attached.
The Be a Santa to a Senior progra1m will run through Dec. 8.
For more information, call 775-283-0333 or go to http://www.beasantatoasenior.com.