Hospital moving today
December 2, 2005
• The Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, 1600 Medical Parkway, will open for patients at 8 a.m. today.
• The emergency room at Carson Tahoe Hospital, 775 Fleischmann Way, will remain open until the last patient has been moved to the new medical center.
• The move is expected to take until 2 p.m.
• Expectant mothers who are in active labor before 8 a.m. must go to Carson-Tahoe Hospital. They will be evaluated and transferred as necessary. Mothers who go into labor after 8 a.m. must go to the regional medical center.
• Patients needing emergency treatment after 8 a.m. should go to the medical center emergency department on the west end of the new building.
• All services offered at Carson-Tahoe Hospital will be moved into the new facility along with new service lines, including open-heart surgery and interventional cardiology. The ER will expand to include more bays and six “fast-track” rooms.