Injured backcountry skier rescued near Incline Village
March 5, 2018
RENO — Authorities say they used a helicopter to reach an injured backcountry skier near Incline Village east of the Nevada-California border.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Department says it received a report on Sunday afternoon of an injured male skier in his early 40s on a peak south of Incline Lake.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports the county's volunteer HASTY team airlifted the skier to Mt. Rose Highway.
He was then transported to a hospital by the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District.
Trending In: Local
- Amid cheers, Fallon City Council bans recreational cannabis in 3-0 vote
- Grouchy’s barbershop serves more than 500 customers in first 2 months
- Man arrested on 11 counts of sexual assault, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man injured in Carson City rollover crash
- Author from Carson City trailer park providing hope