Interfaith Thanksgiving at 7 p.m. today
November 25, 2013
The sixth annual Interfaith Thanksgiving Celebration is set for today at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Community, beginning with a religious service at 7 p.m.
After the service, in which people from a variety of local worship communities are expected to participate, a reception will be held in the St. Teresa church complex at 3000 Lompa Lane.
Those attending are encouraged to contribute canned goods or make a donation of support for F.I.S.H., the charitable organization also known as Friends In Service Helping.
The evening's theme this year is "Stories of Health and Healing." Members of all local congregations and religious traditions are welcome. Clergy or leaders from some of those traditions will share in the celebration.
The St. Teresa choir will sing during the service, according to a mid-November church newsletter, "as will those of another congregation or two. There will be a simple reception following."
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Carson City Aquatic Facility reopening on Tuesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’