Job fair for ex-felons is set for Tuesday morning
March 3, 2012
The statewide Prisoner Re-entry Coalition is hosting a career resource fair Tuesday to help ex-felons get work.
A spokesman said this is the third career fair specifically designed to help former inmates find jobs and stay off drugs and within the law.
“Without appropriate re-entry services, former offenders return to prison at an alarming rate, costing taxpayers millions of dollars in overcrowded prisons, crime and court costs,” said Steve Burt. He’s director of Ridge House, which was formed in 1982 to provide re-entry and addiction treatment for ex-inmates.
The fair will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the Evelyn Mount Community Center, 1301 Valley Road, Reno.
Trending In: Local
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments