July 4 Events
• RSVP Carnival at Mills Park starting at noon. Fireworks at dusk.
• Glen Eagles, 3700 N. Carson St., will host another chili cookoff today.
• Andrews Sisters Revisited: Special concert by Terri Bond, Haley Bond and Cherie at St. Teresa’s of Avila, 3000 Lompa Lane. Festivities begin at 6:30 p.m. Sunday with the concert at 7:15 p.m. For information, call 882-1968.
• Virginia City’s annual Fourth of July Spectacular is marked by its patriotic parade at noon.
• David John & the Comstock Cowboys present their annual Second Amendment Concert from 6-9 p.m. at The Delta Saloon parking lot. Come out and dance to one of the area’s favorite bands, before attending the fireworks which begin at dusk, about 9:15 p.m.
Freedom Festival 2 -5 p.m., CenterPoint Christian Fellowship, 100 Breakwater Drive, Dayton. Everyone will be able to play free carnival games with prizes while enjoying hot dogs and drinks. Come enjoy a free fun day. Call 775-720-2798.
• The Sierra Philharmonic League hosts its 27th annual Pops in the Park at Mormon Station State Historic Park in Genoa on July 4. The concert starts at 4:15 p.m. Free
• The Carson Valley Pops Orchestra, conducted by Elizabeth Eubanks, presents their Independence Day concert, 2 p.m., at Heritage Park in Gardnerville.