‘Just Desserts’ offers treats of poetry and music this evening
December 11, 2012
The Mile High Jazz Band will collaborate with vocalists and poets at Comma Coffee this evening for a holiday season event called “Just Desserts.”
Big band jazz and poetry will be offered up from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the coffee house on Carson Street across from the legislative building.
Appearing with the jazz band will be vocalists Sheryl Adams and Liz Eubanks, as well as poet Rita Geil and other award sinners in the poetic arts.
Along with Geil, Amy Roby, Susan Sara Priest, Krista Lukas and drummer Lee Warner will read poems.
Admission is $5 at the door for adults; there is no charge for persons 18 or younger. The jazz band plays at Comma Coffee on the second Tuesday of each month. Poets join them every third month.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion