Late Carson City Judge Michael Fondi honored
April 7, 2017
The Nevada Judicial Historical Society honored the late Judge Michael Fondi on Friday afternoon by installing a plaque in his name to the Carson City Courthouse.
The society, courthouse staff and Fondi's family gathered at the courthouse Friday for the presentation of the plaque in the courthouse lobby.
"He was such a lovable guy and was a chairman for our society for 10 years," said chairman of the Nevada Judicial Historical Society Peter Smith. "We don't do this for every judge that serves … but he was a homegrown Nevada man who worked his way up through the ranks and he was a figurehead of the judicial system in Carson City for nearly 30 years."
Fondi worked as the Carson City District Attorney from 1970-1977, a First Judicial District Court judge from 1977-2000, chairman of the Nevada Judicial Historical Society 2006-2016 and a private mediator and arbitrator through 2015. He served a total of 37 years in the judicial system before he died in January 2016.
Trending In: Local
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Carson City Sheriff’s seek help in road rage incident