– Carson Valley Parade of Lights 5-9 p.m. Starts at Lampe Park in Gardnerville. Ends in Minden Park.
– “Christmas on the Comstock” Parade starts at 5 p.m. Rummage and craft sale at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Virginia City, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., corner of F and Taylor streets. Call 246-0878.
– “Christmas in the Capital,” a Victorian Christmas includes Christmas tree decorating contest at the Legislative Plaza, storefront decoration contest, Commemorative 2003 Victorian Christmas poster; sponsored by the Downtown Redevelopment Authority. Call 883-1494 or visit http://www.Christmasincapital@nvbell.net.
– Santa and his reindeer are at Telegraph Square from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Photos available, $10 for one, $15 for two. Proceeds go for feed and care of reindeer. Also gift basket raffle. Call 885-2444.
– “A Christmas Carol” presented by Carson Performing Arts and the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. 2 p.m. Tickets, information, call 883-1976.
– “A Genoa Christmas” includes a craft faire in Town Hall, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, with Santa present to visit children from noon-2 p.m. each day. Call 782-8696.
– Comstock Clubhouse Craft and Jewelry Faire, 8:30 a.m. -2 p.m. at 2601 E. College Parkway. Also, sales and Christmas gift baskets and raffle. Free coffee; call 884-1275 or 882-3062.
– Carson High School Jazz Band performs from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Includes cookie and hot spiced cider sales. Proceeds benefit band’s trip to Moscow, Idaho jazz festival. Call 283-1779.
– St. Teresa of Avila School free annual Christmas Benefit, 11 a.m. at St. Teresa’s Church, 3000 N. Lompa Lane. Call 882-2079.
– Carson-Tahoe Hospital Auxiliary fund-raiser, “Fairy Tale Christmas,” 11 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Narrated by Secretary of State Dean Heller with music by harpist Mary Law. Tickets $35 per person; deadline for sales is Dec. 1. Call 883-8625 or 882-0254.
– Free full-day birding trip throughout the Carson Valley, sponsored by Lahontan Audubon Society. Meet at 8 a.m. in Target parking lot; bring a lunch. Call Jim Eidel at 882-9172 or Bob Goodman at 972-7848.
– Carson City Recreation Middle School Dance, 7-10 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center gymnasium. Admission $5; ID required. Snacks available. Call 887-2290, ext. 101.
– Saylavee performs at 9 p.m. at Joe Bob’s Hot Springs Roadhouse, 1510 Hot Springs Road. No cover, must be 21. Call 883-7799.
– Holiday Gala in the Valhalla Grand Hall, 6:30 p.m. in South Lake Tahoe. Features champagne, gourmet dinner and dancing. Call (530) 542-4166.
– Sharon Randall’s annual Studio and Gallery free Open House, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 2876 Jackie Circle, Minden. Features stoneware and porcelain wheel-thrown pottery. Call 267-4175.
– The Nutcracker performed at 7:30 p.m. today and 3 p.m. Sunday at Harrah’s South Shore Room. Tickets $28 (adults) and $17 (children). Call (800) 427-7247.