Find bingo and friendship at church
The St. Benedict Society of Corpus Christi Catholic Church will host an afternoon of bingo and friendship on Saturday. Doors will open at 11:30 a.m., with bingo from 12:15-2:30 p.m.
Cash and raffle prizes will be offered, and a 50/50 drawing will be held. There will be free coffee and popcorn and a concession stand.
Players must be 21 or older. Call 882-1967 for information.
Hospital helps with doctor referrals
Carson-Tahoe Hospital’s Physician Referral Service takes the guesswork out of finding the right doctor. Call 1-800-752-8882, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Bilingual operators are available.
– Flu shots are given 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 27 at the Minden Medical Center; 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 28 at the Dayton Healthcare Center; and9 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 29 at the Carson Mall. Shots are $10. Medicare will be billed so bring your Medicare card. Call 886-7402.
– The free, sixth annual Diabetes Fair is 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 5 in the Carson Mall. Offerings include for blood pressure checks, blood glucose testing, flu shot information, foot screenings and more. Call 885-4122.
– The Harvesting Hope Fashion Show is Nov. 9 at the Carson City Nugget. The fashion show and brunch honor cancer survivorship. Tickets are $25 and can be reserved by calling Pam Graber, 883-3308.
– Diabetes Education Program from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Nov. 13-15, and from 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday. Includes diabetes overview, nutrition and other topics. You must have a physician’s referral to be accepted. Class days are subject to change. Call 885-4122.
– Living with Diabetes Seminar from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 19 in the Carson-Tahoe Hospital Summit Room. Free. Call 885-4705.