Lohan gets court order against sender of texts
LOS ANGELES (AP) – A judge granted Lindsay Lohan a restraining order against a man who left chocolates at her house and sent her bizarre text messages saying they are engaged, court records show.
David Cocordan, 38, has been contacting Lohan for nearly two years and sent her more than 100 texts, including one that describes having sex with the actress, the documents state.
“Given this obsessive and harassing behavior, I am frightened of Mr. Cocordan and feel that my personal safety, and the safety of those around me, is in jeopardy,” Lohan said in the legal filing.
Superior Court Judge David Cowan granted the temporary order on Thursday, prohibiting Cocordan from attempting to meet or contact the actress.
The judge will consider whether to issue a three-year stay away order on June 8.
Cocordan, who police believe is a schizophrenic and is not taking medication, has told authorities he does not intend to contest the restraining order, according to court filings.
A phone message left at a listing for Cocordan was not immediately returned Friday.
Lohan’s publicist, Steve Honig, said he would not comment on Lohan’s security matters.
One text message contained in the court documents indicates Cocordan was in the courtroom last month when the 24-year-old actress was sentenced to 120 days in jail.
The “Mean Girls” star also is performing 480 hours of community service for violating her probation in a 2007 drunken driving case.
The jail time and service were ordered after a judge in April ruled that Lohan should stand trial for taking a $2,500 necklace from a store near her Venice home in January.
Lohan then pleaded no contest to misdemeanor grand theft and has said she hopes to put her court troubles behind her so she can focus on acting.