Look ahead to city meetings this week
The Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization meets Wednesday to approve the fiscal year 2012 Unified Planning Work Program which must be submitted to the Nevada Department of Transportation.
The meeting starts at 4:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
Immediately following CAMPO’s adjournment, the Regional Transportation Commission. Commissioner’s are scheduled to hear discussion or take action on:
• A resolution in memorial of Keith Pearson, who served as a Carson City employee for more than six years, including as the transit coordinator and staff to RTC.
• A presentation by NDOT regarding the Carson City Freeway landscaping project.
• Releasing the final payment to Peavine Construction for the Roop Street widening project.
• Approving the RTC, streets and transit budgets for fiscal year 2011-12.
• Recent traffic counts throughout Carson City, which will be presented by NDOT staff.
• A potential shuttle service for the V&T Railroad between the V&T Eastgate Depot and downtown Carson City and area hotels.
The Historic Resources Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the community center’s Sierra Room. The agenda includes:
• Action to consider a permit from Al Salzano (property owner Herman Bauer to demolish the existing single-family residence, carriage house an shed, and replace them with an eight-unit apartment complex at 812 N. Division St.
• Discussion on the Historic District national nomination. The National Register of Historic Places in the nation’s official list of cultural resources worthy of preservation.
• Discussion of the Historic Preservation Fund.
• Discussion and possible action to amend the qualifications for membership on the commission.