Man arrested in wife’s stabbing
July 9, 2009
A Carson City man was jailed Tuesday after he allegedly attacked his estranged wife and stabbed her in the back early Monday morning.
Jose Juan Alcocer, 30, a construction worker, was arrested at 7:43 p.m. on a warrant charging suspicion of felony battery with a deadly weapon, home invasion, burglary and second-offense domestic battery.
According to the arrest report, Alcocer’s wife told him she was leaving him and she took their children and went to stay with friends.
When Alcocer found out where she was he allegedly went to the apartment about midnight and kicked in the front door.
He then chased his wife through the apartment, shoved her onto a bed and stabbed her once in the back, the report states.
Alcocer then allegedly fled the apartment.
Recommended Stories For You
A friend drove the woman to the emergency room where the wound in the middle of her back was closed with two staples, the report states.
Alcocer was arrested Tuesday at his Pheasant Drive home. His bail is set at $40,000.
Trending In: Local
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Vegas to Reno freeway will bypass Douglas County
- Carson City Sheriff’s seek help in road rage incident