Man arrested on 2 vehicular-homicide counts in Carson crash
December 9, 2013
A Carson City man who struck another vehicle in June on U.S. Highway 50 East, killing two people, was arrested Friday on two vehicular-homicide warrants.
Jason William Cloutier, 34, was arrested at 6:40 p.m. in the 600 block of College Parkway. The crash, which was reported at 3:28 a.m. June 23 just west of Dump Hill, killed Mark Allen Flora, 59, of Texas and Cloutier's passenger, 26-year-old Sierra Grace Woodward.
According to Cloutier's arrest report, the Nissan Altima he was driving entered the westbound lanes of the road, going the wrong way. It collided with Flora's Ford Taurus.
Cloutier was flown to Renown Regional Medical Center with critical injuries. Woodward was an Oakland native and mother who attended Carson High School and Western Nevada College, according to her Facebook page.
Alcohol use is thought to have played a role in the crash. Bail was set at $250,000.
Trending In: Local
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City Rifle and Pistol Range to be open Sundays only