Man, cat dead after Carson City apartment fire
One person is dead following a fire at the Senator Apartments early Monday morning.
The Carson City Fire Department responded to the fire at the south Roop Street apartment complex just after midnight Monday. The fire was quickly extinguished by crews.
One 70-year-old male was pronounced dead and officials said they believe the fire may have started from a lit cigarette. The deceased had medical issues and was a smoker, said Sheriff Ken Furlong. A cat also died in the fire.
No other details were available at the time. The incident is still under investigation.