Man charged in alleged attempt to lure child into pornography
November 7, 2007
A Gardnerville business owner who allegedly offered a 12-year-old boy money to perform a sex act on camera will be arraigned in Carson City Justice Court on Dec. 4.
Micah David LeVal, 23, of Carson City, was booked into the Carson City Jail on Monday about midnight on suspicion of attempted use of a minor in the production of pornography. He was pulled over by a deputy after the officer realized LeVal’s plates were expired.
LeVal posted a $20,000 bond and was released about 2 a.m.
According to the police report, LeVal was allegedly friends with the victim’s father and in December offered the child $500 to get naked and masturbate while LeVal recorded it on his cell phone.
The child told an investigator that LeVal said “he would sell the movie on the Internet and they would make a lot of money off it.”
The report also states that LeVal allegedly assaulted the child when the boy was 9 years old with a cell phone antenna. The child told police he didn’t tell his father because he was “afraid that his dad would go to jail for killing Micah.”
Recommended Stories For You
When the boy finally did tell his father in March, the father took him and reported the allegations to police. LeVal declined to be interviewed by investigators.
On Oct. 31, a felony warrant was issued for LeVal’s arrest, and a criminal complaint against LeVal on the attempted enticement charge was filed in Carson City Justice Court. No charges have been filed in the alleged assault.
LeVal is part owner of the Antioch Coffee Co. in Gardnerville.
• Contact reporter F.T. Norton at email@example.com or 881-1213.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand