Man sentenced on attempted car theft, trial set for robbery case
The following people appeared in Carson City District Court before Judge Todd Russell on Monday:
• James Michael Park, 29, was sentenced to 12 to 36 months in prison with credit for 88 days served in jail on a charge of felony attempted theft of a car. This was Park’s fifth felony.
• Mario Jesus Quevedo, 19, pleaded not guilty to robbery with a deadly weapon, assault with a deadly weapon and burglary with the use of force. A four-day trial was set for Aug. 21 through Aug. 24.
• Michael Loran Voss, 20, pleaded guilty to gross misdemeanor possession of a prescription drug without a prescription. He faces six months in jail when sentenced June 4.
• Levi Daniel Whitehead, 20, pleaded guilty to gross misdemeanor conspiracy by a convicted sex offender to fail to change address. He faces up to six months in jail when sentenced May 7.
• Cory O’Neal Brewer, 23, was sentenced to 12 to 30 months in prison on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
• Felipe Ledezma-Aguilar, 26, was sentenced to 12 to 36 months in prison on a charge of third-offense drunken driving.
• Freddy Little, 42, pleaded guilty to destruction of property. He will be sentenced May 7.
• A trial date of April 24 has been set for a Cesar Jose Munoz, 29, on charges of principal to sale of a controlled substance and second-offense possession of a controlled substance.
• Jeremy Dean Newman, 32, pleaded guilty to attempted theft.