Man shot in face is recovering
November 7, 2007
A Carson City man was recovering Wednesday after being shot in the face early Sunday morning.
Carson City Sheriff’s Detective Bob Motamenpour said victim Samuel Weese, 26, suffered a gunshot wound to his jaw when an unknown assailant drove past his vehicle in an east Carson City casino parking lot and opened fire about 2 a.m.
“The small-caliber bullet penetrated the passenger window behind the driver side and entered his left cheek,” said Motamenpour.
Motamenpour said Weese yelled that he’d been shot and a woman in the vehicle steered the car from Hot Springs and Goni roads to College Parkway and Research Way where a deputy stopped the vehicle for driving erratically.
Weese was taken to Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, then flown to a Reno hospital where he underwent reconstructive surgery to his face. Motamenpour said Weese has since been released from the hospital.
The suspect vehicle is described as a dark silver or gray four-door “Intrepid type” sedan. The license plate possibly has UEX in it.
Recommended Stories For You
Anyone with information should call the Carson City Sheriff’s Department detective division at 887-2020, ext. 1400.
• Contact reporter F.T. Norton at email@example.com or 881-1213.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Grandson back in Nevada to face murder charge
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Area county officials predict strong growth in 2019
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County