Middle school gym, parking on planners’ agenda
The Carson City Planning Commission will decide Wednesday on a special use permit request from Mike Mitchell and Susan Dorr to allow for building expansion, site improvements and floor plan modifications on property zoned public at Eagle Valley Middle School.
The school district is proposing to build a new gymnasium with locker rooms and new administrative offices to the existing school, in addition to site improvements to the campus.
Other items up for discussion or action Wednesday are:
• A variance request for the school district dealing with parking at Eagle Valley Middle School. Additional parking is proposed, but the number of spaces would be less than the number required under current code guidelines.
• A recommendation to the board of supervisors for the establishment of a growth management rate, number of residential building permit entitlements and the commercial and industrial daily water usage threshold for 2012. The number of residential permits has historically been based upon a maximum growth rate of 3 percent. The commercial and industrial daily water usage threshold has historically been 7,500 gallons per day, above which, Growth Management Commission approval is required.
• An abandonment of public right-of-way on property located at Anderson Street between East Second and East Third streets.
• A special use permit request from Kelly Clark for property located at 525 E. Roventini Way.
• A special use permit request from AT&T to allow construction of a cellular facility on Northridge Drive at Winnie and Roop streets.
• A request from AT&T to change the zoning from Single Family 6000 to Public Community on Northridge Drive at Winnie and Roop streets.
The Carson City Planning Commission meets 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Go to http://www.carson.org to download an agenda and a complete information packet.