Misfits and Salon Tart raise money for breast cancer research
November 9, 2014
The Misfits Theater Group and Salon Tart hosted a fundraiser on Oct. 24 that collected more than $3,000 for breast cancer awareness and research.
Shown from the left are Sheila Steele, Carol Bauer, Amy Wachtel, Ken Cox, John Peters, Jim Crawford, Suzanne Crawford, Geoff Moore, Misty Hult, Andra Woolman, Erin Copp, Sheila McCabe.
The event was attended by more than 200 and featured decorative bras, made by area residents, modeled by 27 Dayton men. The Misfits presented a musical skit titled The Phantom of the Brassiere Factory.
DGM and Dayton Valley Golf Course provided the banquet room. All proceeds went to the Nevada Cancer Coalition.
Trending In: Local
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office