Missing hiker found after spending night in Lake Tahoe backcountry
September 10, 2018
A man has been reunited with his family after spending a night in the Lake Tahoe backcountry — the second successful search and rescue mission this weekend.
The first concerned a missing hiker on the Tahoe Rim Trail. According to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office Hasty Team, the overdue hiker was located Saturday afternoon with help from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
The hiker was found safe and healthy, according to the sheriff's office.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Storm warning: Tuesday commute could be ‘problematic’
- Casting call for ‘Casino Boss’ at Carson Nugget
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature