Molestation case court dates set for Carson man
Appeal Staff Writer
Preliminary hearing dates have been set for a Carson City contractor accused of molesting two girls.
Robert Hilke Jr., 50, is charged with two felony counts of open and gross lewdness with a child under 14 and six counts of gross misdemeanor open and gross lewdness.
He appeared in Carson City Justice Court on Tuesday where he waived his right to a trial within 15 days.
According to the felony criminal complaint filed on March 21, Hilke allegedly pulled aside the bathing-suit bottoms of a 9-year-old girl and looked at her on at least two occasions between June and November of 2005.
The complaint concerning the six gross misdemeanor charges alleges that between June and December of 2005, Hilke repeatedly fondled a then-16-year-old girl. In one count, he allegedly grabbed the victim’s leg and said, “One of these days I am going to have sex with you,” the complaint states.
Evidence in relation to the felony charges will be heard on June 29 in Carson City Justice Court. Evidence in relation to the gross misdemeanor charges will be heard on July 6.
Hilke remains free on $50,000 bail. One condition of his bail is that he must not be in the company of children other than family.
Several people also appeared in Carson City District Court on Tuesday:
• Randy Bauman, 29, was sentenced to 12 to 36 months in prison on a charge of possession of stolen property. He was given credit for serving 69 days in jail and must also pay $1,400 in restitution.
• Miguel Angel Cruz, 28, was sentenced to 24 to 84 months in prison on a charge of third-offense drunken driving.
• Christine Marie Derose, 26, was sentenced to 12 to 60 months in prison on a charge of third-offense drunken driving. Her blood-alcohol content was .175, according to court records. Derose is also facing a felony DUI charge out of Lyon County.
• Mike Mancillas, 38, was sentenced to 12 to 48 months in prison on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon. He was given a concurrent sentence of 12 to 48 months on a probation violation charge. He was given credit for serving 114 days in jail.
• Robert Lee Hardgrave, 48, pleaded guilty to attempted theft. He faces 12 to 48 months in prison when sentenced June 12.
• A charge of third-offense drunken driving will be dismissed against Richard Dale Simmons, 59, because he died.
• Contact reporter F.T. Norton at email@example.com or 881-1213.