Monday accident backs up traffic on Hwy. 395
November 26, 2007
Minden residents got a double-dose of gridlock Monday as consecutive afternoon collisions backed up traffic into the evening starting shortly after 2 p.m.
At 2:20 p.m. a red pick up and a blue Ford Bronco collided at the intersection of Highway 395 and Airport road. Sheriff’s officials had not yet identified which car was at fault.
The accident resulted in major damage to both vehicles as well as two Care Flight helicopters being called to the scene to transport victims to area hospitals for further care.
NHP investigators took over the accident at the scene, but did not release the victim’s identities at press time Monday.
The collision and ensuing clean-up temporarily blocked the artery, but by 4:30 p.m. at least one lane of traffic was open, Douglas County Sheriff Sgt. Tom Mezzetta said.
“Northbound traffic was backed up especially,” he said.
Recommended Stories For You
Mezzetta noted a second collision occurred “shortly after” the major accident, causing traffic to slow even more.
He said it was a non-injury fender bender “probably caused by the initial back-up.”
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand