More snow expected Thursday
December 17, 2013
A winter storm expected to bring 1-3 inches of snow to western Nevada valleys may give drivers headaches Thursday morning.
A cold front approaching from the north is expected to bring snow and lower temperatures, according to the National Weather Service.
Snow is expected to start falling around Carson City early Thursday morning, then move south to Carson Valley, where more than an inch is forecast to fall.
A relatively dry weather pattern is expected to continue through the end of the year.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand