More than 3,400 in NV seek foreclosure mediation
(AP) – The Nevada Supreme Court says more than 3,400 homeowners who’ve received notices of default have requested mediation under a new program that took effect July 1.
Under the program administered by the Supreme Court, homeowners who receive default notices have 30 days in which to seek mediation.
Chief Justice James Hardesty on Wednesday said 372 mediations have been conducted so far, and another 805 have been scheduled.
Another 1,400 cases have been assigned to mediators.
From July through October, the court says more than 29,000 notices of default have been filed statewide.
Commercial and non-owner occupied properties are not eligible for the foreclosure mediation program.