Motorcyclist struck by pickup
July 21, 2005
(Staff report) A Carson City man was injured Wednesday morning when a pickup collided into his motorcycle just east of Airport Road and Highway 50 East.
Jon Hartford, 21, suffered broken shoulders and a broken leg in the 8:40 a.m. accident and was taken by Care Flight helicopter to Washoe Medical Center in Reno, said Sgt. Mark Clark, Carson City Shift Supervisor for the Nevada Highway Patrol.
According to Clark, Jack Botto, 87, of Carson City, was making a left turn into an Albertsons supermarket in his 1988 Ford pickup when he turned into the path of Hartford’s oncoming 1986 Honda motorcycle.
Botto was cited with the misdemeanor charge of failing to yield while making a left turn.
Clark says Hartford was wearing a helmet and was in stable condition. He was expected to undergo surgery Friday to repair his broken bones.
Clark said alcohol was not a factor in the accident.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand