Moving Wall equipment stolen
November 8, 2002
A donation box and $3,500 of stereo equipment were stolen sometime before 9:15 a.m. Thursday from The Moving Wall at Rancho San Rafael Park in Reno.
The roaming tribute to soldiers killed during the Vietnam War is in Reno through Monday.
The donation box, with an unknown amount of cash inside, is about 4 feet tall. It is black with the words “donations” painted down both sides in white letters and a plaque, which says “Donations the Moving Wall Vietnam Combat Veterans LTD, 1267 Alma Court, San Jose, Calif., (408) 288-6305 http://www.movingwall.org”
The stereo equipment includes microphones, DVD players and miscellaneous cables and connectors and was being donated for use by Quantum Audio of Reno.
The Washoe County Sheriff’s Department and Secret Witness are seeking the public’s help in finding the suspects or where the equipment may be located.
Anyone with information is asked to call Washoe County sheriff’s detectives at 328-3320 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.
Trending In: Local
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’