Nevada Day Treasure Hunt medallion found
October 15, 2018
Cheryl Hansen's strategy was simple. Review the clues first and then go on the search.
After she had enough clues to figure out the Nevada Day Medallion was at Reno's Idlewild Park, Hansen took off for the park on Monday to search for the medallion.
"I walked the whole park this morning," said Hansen on Monday morning. At about 1 p.m. on Monday the search for the Washoe Valley woman was well worth the effort as she found the medallion, thus ending the Nevada Day Treasure Hunt.
"It was so exciting," Hansen said. "What a feeling to find it."
Hansen said her brother, Ray Peternell, has found the medallion twice in past treasure hunts and was helpful in her search. She said she's been participating in the Treasure Hunt for years as well.
Hansen receives a $1,000 prize for finding the medallion. Hansen said the money will go to good use to spruce up her house.
Recommended Stories For You
"I need trees, bushes and plants and flowers," she said.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand