Prison escapee back in custody
October 10, 2017
Claude Laska is back in custody thanks to a multi-agency investigation which led to his arrest at approximately 1:35 Thursday afternoon. Earlier in the day it was reported a vehicle had been broken into and a shotgun and ammunition was stolen outside the town of Pioche. After a few hours searching, a Nevada Department of Corrections Sergeant located Laska and with the assistance of Lincoln County Sheriff's Deputies, took him into custody. Laska was booked into the Lincoln County Jail for Burglary of a Motor Vehicle, Grand Larceny of a Firearm, Escape and Ex-Felon in Possession of a firearm. He will be returned to the custody of NDOC and will be housed at Ely State Prison.
Nevada Department of Corrections thanks the following agencies for their assistance in this investigation: Lincoln County Sheriff's Office, Nevada Division of State Parks, Nevada Department of Wildlife, Nevada Division of Investigation, the Eastern Nevada Narcotics Task Force and the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
Trending In: Local
- State Charter School Authority votes to shut down Argent Preparatory Academy formerly Silver State Charter School
- Carson City under flood advisory until 4 p.m. Thursday
- Businesses worry about disruption during Curry Street project
- Surveillance cameras help law enforcement
- Carson City health inspections for March 16