Nevada quarter release
WHAT: 36th release of the U.S. Mint’s state quarter series
WHEN: 10 a.m. Tuesday
WHERE: State Capitol steps, Musser and Carson streets
Bring money to purchase $10 rolls of uncirculated Nevada quarters
State Museum celebrates release of Nevada quarter
WHAT: open house at the historic U.S. Mint in Carson City
• Historic Coin Press No. 1 will be operating and the public will be able to tour the historic Carson City Mint for free
• Museum will be minting a special .999 fine silver medallion on Historic Coin Press No. 1, beginning at 1:30 p.m.
• The Spirit of the West medallion will be packaged together with the Nevada quarter. The cost is $50 and includes an outside envelope that can be stamped (cost of $1.15) and postmarked “First Day of Issue” at a mobile post office located in the museum’s parking lot. This is a numbered, limited-edition set, a total of 2,006 will be produced and only 500 will be available Tuesday.
• Official limited-edition souvenir Nevada Commemorative Quarter Sets on sale for $5. Includes mint-quality quarters from both the U.S. Mints at Denver and Philadelphia. The set includes the two quarters in a printed card with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity and a folding display stand for $5.
• All proceeds from this sale will go to benefit the Division of Museums and History and the Historic Carson City Mint.
WHEN: 1:30-4 p.m. Tuesday
WHERE: Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St.