New St. Paul’s pastor to lead Easter services
The Rev. Chad R. Adamik will lead Easter services at St. Paul’s Lutheran Family for the first time.
The services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the church on 1201 N. Saliman Road.
Pastor Adamik of Muncie, Ind., was called to be the pastor of St. Paul’s Lutheran Family in a special congregation meeting on Oct. 13. After his acceptance of the call and his move to Carson City, he began as St. Paul’s pastor on Feb. 1. On Feb. 26 in a special afternoon service, Pastor Adamik was formally installed. The Rev. Charlane Lines of Meadow Vista, Calif., the conference dean, led the installation and represented the Rev. Mark Holmerud, bishop of the Sierra Pacific Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
Members and friends of the congregation attended the service, including many fellow Lutheran pastors from Northern Nevada and local clergy.
Pastor Adamik is the son of John and Mary Adamik of Somerset, Ohio. He’s a graduate of Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Columbus, Ohio, and has served in the Indiana-Kentucky, Southern Ohio and Rocky Mountain Synods of the ELCA. Adamik is married to the Rev. Father Thomas Blake, Grace Episcopal Church, Muncie. Father Blake will be moving to Carson City.
The congregation had been served by interim pastors since the retirement of long-time pastor the Rev. Stanley Pesis in June 2014.
St. Paul’s is preparing to celebrate 50 years in Carson City over the weekend of Oct. 7-8. The celebration will be in the same month the Lutheran churches around the world will be observing the 500th anniversary of the Reformation (Oct. 31).
St. Paul’s existence in Carson City began with organizing work by the Rev. Daniel Bloomquist in 1965. The new congregation met in the Leisure Hour Club, located on the corner of West Musser and North Division streets — a location now occupied by First Presbyterian Church. St. Paul’s was a member of the Lutheran Church in America (LCA).
About the time the LCA and the American Lutheran Church (ALC) and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches (AELC) merged in 1988, becoming the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), St. Paul’s (LCA) merged with the Lutheran Family (AELC) taking the name “St. Paul’s Lutheran Family.”
St. Paul’s has been located at 1201 N. Saliman Road since 1969.