New Year’s events
• Ring in the New Year Big Apple Style, 6-9 p.m. at the State Library and Archives, 100 N. Stewart St. Hosted by Mayor Bob and Susan Crowell. Funds go toward plans for the new downtown library. Balloon drop at midnight New York time, 9 p.m. Carson time. Tickets $50, with limited seating. Call 885-9807 or visit foundationcclibrary.org.
• “Dusty’s Revival” New Year’s Eve party, 8 p.m. – midnight, Brewery Arts Center Grand Ballroom, 449 W. King St. Live music with Destrukt, Asuka and Summer’s Dispute. Cover charge $5.
• Fun Family Dance! Contra Dance New Year’s Eve Ball,
8 p.m.-midnight, Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, 813 N. Carson St., Carson City. Live music with Train Wreck; Tom Thoreau is the caller and teacher. $25 adults, $15 ages 16-25, and $8 for children and family price of $60. Call 775-997-4937.
• Bodines: Random drawings all day. Free champagne toast at midnight.
• Casino Fandango: $10,000 New Year’s Eve Party with music by Hindsight.
• Carson Nugget: Music in the show lounge presented by Melissa Dru. Hors d’oeurves, cake and champagne served in the casino. Special menu at the Steak House.
• Carson Station: Live music with Steppen Stonz, 8 p.m. -1:30 a.m. $3,000 cash and free play giveaways; Complimentary mimosa fountain in the Station restaurant from 7-11 a.m. plus drink and menu specials throughout the casino.
• Doppelgangers: from 8 p.m. Live music with Aquanet, complimentary champagne toast at midnight, cash confetti cannons at 2 a.m. $20 cover. Drink specials all night. 882-7787.
• Firkin New Years Eve Party at Firkin & Fox, 310 S. Carson St. 10 p.m.-1 a.m. with national and blues star John Nemeth. Free champagne toast at midnight. Four-course meal available for $19.95.
• Glen Eagles: Enjoy a great dinner and music with friends. 884-4414
• Gold Dust West: Grand Finale Rock’n and Bowl’n 8 p.m.-midnight. Drawings
• Jimmy G’s Cigar Bar: Roaring 20s New Year’s Party, 8 p.m. DJ, dancing, drink specials and a champagne toast at midnight.
• Thunder Canyon: Dinner and Dance Party, featuring the Motifs. Five-course dinner and ringing in the New Year east coast time at 9 p.m. with a complimentary champagne toast. $95. Reservations required. 882-0882
• Genoa Bar Unplugged Party: 8 p.m.-midnight, Genoa Bar and Saloon, 2282 Main St., Genoa. No electric lights, no slots, no juke box. Live music by Foothill Road Band Unplugged. Call 782-3870 or go to genoabarandsaloon.com
• Genoa Town Hall New Year’s party: 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Entertainment by Time Warp DJ Chuck Baldauskas. Suggested attire for the evening is formal or Genoa historic costume. Cost $25. Make reservations at 782-8696.
• Carson Valley Inn: Live music with Shake, Rattle N Rolling in the Cabaret Lounge.
• The Washoe Club, 9 p.m.-2 a.m., 112 S. C St., Virginia City. Music by the Rustlers at 9 p.m. Champagne and party favors at midnight. $10 cover. 847-7210.
• Ring in the New Year at the Gold Hill Hotel, 5 -midnight, 1540 Main St., Virginia City. Celebrate the New Year with a scrumptious dinner and Will Sheree Rose and the Red Rose Band and Squeek at the Piano. Dinner served 5-10 ; band starts at 9 ; champagne toast at midnight. $95 per person plus tax and gratuity.. Reservations are required. Call 847-0111. Call 775-847-0111.
• Red Dog Saloon: 7 p.m. dinner show with Road Daddy, $20, $10 at door if space available. 775-847-7474
• Bucket of Blood Saloon: with Comstock Cowboys, 9 p.m., 1 C St., Virginia City, $40, 775-847-0322
• Washoe Club: The Rustlers, 9 p.m., 112 C St., Virginia City, $10, 775-847-7210.