Obituary: Christine Weigle
June 27, 2003
Christine Johnson Weigle, 87, a Carson City resident for the past 12 years, died June 23, 2003, in Carson City. She was born Aug. 18, 1915, in Temple, Texas.
She was married to Chester L. Weigle for 42 years until his death in 1980.
She lived in California for 66 years until she moved to Carson City, where she lived in Parc de Maison until her death.
Mrs. Weigle was a stay-at-home mother until 1960 ,when she and her husband owned and operated a sporting goods store in Southern California. They moved to Oroville, Calif., and owned and managed a mobile home park for 4 1/2 years. They then moved to San Luis Obispo and owned and operated a laundermat while semi-retired.
She enjoyed painting and was an active member of the stamp collectors’ guild in San Luis Obispo.
Among her survivors are her children Sharon Weigle of Eureka, Calif., Patricia Morris of Carson City and William Weigle of LaFeria, Texas; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
At her request, no service will be held.
Memorial contributions may be made to a favorite charity.
Walton’s Chapel of the Valley is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Local
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office