Obituary: E.A. Woodward
April 23, 2003
E.A. “Woody” Woodward, 87, a Carson City resident for the past 25 years, died April 19, 2003, in Carson City. A private family inurnment will be at 3:30 p.m. Monday at Lone Mountain Cemetery.
He was born Dec. 2, 1915, at the Presidio in Monterey, Calif., to Jesse and Maude McClean Woodward.
He married Phyllis E. Thorpe on Jan. 6, 1942, in San Francisco.
Before moving to Carson City, he lived in Hackensack, Minn.
Mr. Woodward retired from the U.S. Army after 27 years of service in the Army Security Agency. He enjoyed bowling and golf.
He was preceded in death by five brothers and two sisters.
Recommended Stories For You
Among his survivors are his wife Phyllis and sons Bill R. and Richard L., all of Carson City; son and daughter-in-law David J. and Nancy of Detroit Lakes, Minn.; daughter and son-in-law, Susan L. and Brian Alexander of Superior, Mont.; 17 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
No service will be held.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Funeral Home.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Local
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case