Obituary for Leena Rooke
December 1, 2002
A memorial service for Leena Rooke of Carson City will be held Tuesday, Dec. 3. Rooke, who was 91, died Nov. 29, 2002.
She was born in Winnemucca on March 19, 1911. She was the daughter of Frank Snodgrass and Maggie Bliss. Her husband, William Rooke, died in 1969. Her daughter, Allene Rooke, died in 2000.
She enjoyed crocheting, beading, quilting and taking part in the senior plays in Lovelock. She lived in Carson City for 15 years after moving from Lovelock. She was a homemaker.
She was an elder in the Paiute Tribe of Lovelock and an Episcopalian.
Survivors include: grandchildren Greg and Jeff Thurman of Carson City; great-grandchildren Chrystal Trujillo and Kendra Thurman, both of Carson City; and her great- great-granddaughter Teanna Calloway of Carson City.
Visitation will be held at FitzHenrey’s Chapel of the Faith on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Burial will take place Tuesday at 3 p.m. in the Lovelock Paiute Cemetery. FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand