Obituary for Lena Rooke
December 2, 2002
A memorial service for Lena Rooke of Carson City will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3. Visitation will be held at FitzHenry’s Chapel of the Faith on Tuesday at 9 a.m. Burial will take place Tuesday at 3 p.m. in the Lovelock Paiute Cemetery.
Rooke, who was 91, died Nov. 29, 2002.
She was born in Winnemucca on March 19, 1911 to Frank Snodgrass and Maggie Bliss Snodgrass. Her husband, William Rooke, died in 1969. Her daughter, Allene Rooke, died in 2000.
She enjoyed crocheting, beading, quilting and taking part in senior plays in Lovelock. She lived in Carson City for 15 years after moving from Lovelock. She was a homemaker and rancher.
She was an elder in the Paiute Tribe of Lovelock and an Episcopalian.
Survivors include her grandsons Greg and Jeff Thurman of Carson City; great-grandchildren Crystal Trujillo and Kendra Thurman, both of Carson City; and great- great-granddaughter Teanna Calloway of Carson City.
Recommended Stories For You
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand