Officials to learn their role in emergency management plan
The board of supervisors will discuss and hear a presentation about the Emergency Management function in Carson City when it meets Thursday. The special item is scheduled for 2 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
This presentation will allow officials to understand their role in the event of an emergency, how their actions integrate with the city-wide emergency activities and how emergency management functions within local government.
Also on Thursday, starting at 8:30 a.m., the board will discuss or take action to:
• Hear a presentation for the 2011 Historic Preservation Awards.
• Approve an Open Space Division work program calling for administration of the Open Space portions of the Quality of Life fund for acquisition, restoration of natural resources, development and management of open space and related properties for calendar year 2011. The program, if adopted, will be used to develop the division’s budget.
• Approve a second reading of an ordinance to change the zoning of two parcels at 1365 and 1393 Medical Parkway from single-family one acre to retail commercial.
• Approve a second reading of an ordinance to change the zoning of three parcels at 788 and 900 Fairview Drive and 900 Mallory Way from limited industrial to general commercial.
• Select a proposal from the Community Housing Development Organization for construction, sale and monitoring of an affordable single-family residence on city-owned property located at 1104 Palo Verde Drive.
• Authorize Carson City to become the lead agency for the Western Nevada Home Consortium.
As the liquor and entertainment board, they are scheduled to discuss or take action to:
• Approve Kristine Meyers as the liquor manager for Smith’s Food and Drug Store at 599 E. William St.
• Approve Kulvir Singh as liquor manager for Discount Buy Smoke N Liquor at 500 Hot Springs Road.
• Approve Jinny Suarez as liquor manager for The Olive Garden, located at 4253 S. Carson St.
• Discuss the proposed modifications relating to the liquor license ordinance.
Go to http://www.carson.org to download an agenda and a complete information packet for this meeting.
Other meetings this week:
The Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Sierra Room of the community center. The commission is set to vote to approve its 2011 goals. Other items to be discussed are:
• The draft work plan and management of the Silver Saddle Ranch and surrounding public lands in the Carson River Area.
• Updating the Unified Pathways Master Plan in 2012.
• A report on the status of current department projects.
• The Carson City Freeway Corridor Multi-Use Path Alignment Study’s public information meeting Wednesday.
• Earth Day cleanup event held April 23.
For more information, call 887-2262.