Open house at Minden Medical Center
MINDEN – Minden Medical Center will welcome the community Saturday at an open house and introduce doctors to residents of Carson Valley.
The open house will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the medical center, 925 Ironwood Drive.
Along with meeting the medical staff, people can also visit any of the half-hour workshops that will address a variety of topics such as prostate cancer and antibiotics for children.
Carson-Tahoe Hospital built the center, which opened in October 1998, and the open house is a way to let more people know about the year-old urgent care center.
“My personal goal is to provide awareness of the center, provide information to the community and show that the doctors are knowledgeable and willing to communicate with the community,” hospital spokeswoman Julia Shepperd said.
Minden Medical Center’s urgent care facility has 10 treatment rooms staffed by three doctors in rotation. The center also has a laboratory and offers radiology, cardiology, medical supplies, pediatrics and obstetrics-gynecology.
“We are there to provide quick, convenient, quality medical care for our community,” Shepperd said.
Doctors will offer workshops throughout the open house:
– Dr. Brian Hall will lead a pediatrics workshop from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. He will speak about when antibiotics are helpful for children and when they are not.
– Dr. Jeffrey Upton will talk about prostate cancer from 11:10 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.
– Pediatrician Dr. Kathi Amrhein will discuss attention deficit disorder from 11:50 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
– From 12:30 to 1 p.m., physical therapist Steven Bruce will explain how to use golf to improve strength and flexibility. He will show how people who think they have too much pain to play golf can develop the strength and flexibility needed to play.
– Dr. Mayer Hornesten, an internist, will talk about wellness from 1:10 p.m. to 1:40 p.m.